Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Rock-afire Explosion



I love MGMT and I love this video for Electric Feel. It is a simple video and it illustrates the song perfectly.

One of the most unexpected elements is the appearance of The Rock-afire Explosion towards the end.

Remember them? That "rock group" from ShowBiz Pizza Place? The Chuck E. Cheese of the 80's?

I have a fairly large family and I know more then one of us had a birthday party there. In fact, when it was your birthday they gave you a "velvet-like" crown to keep! Our crown was worn by multiple family members for birthday's throughout the 80's, wherever the location.

So I did a little bit of research on The Rock-afire Explosion and I found out that once ShowBiz closed, fans of The Rock-afire Explosion lived on!!

Below is the official trailer for the Rock-afire Explosion Documentary.


Keep rockin'!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post!!! MGMT is great but I am not too sure about the video! I found it interesting that you left out a detail about Showbiz memories...remember an incident in the plastic ball area...?
    a

    ReplyDelete