Monday, July 26, 2010

Knitting 101

Yesterday a friend and I took a beginners knitting class offered at a local craft store. We thought it would be fun to learn and a good life skill to have.

After two long hours, I created the following:

It is a tiny scarf! Obviously!

Now, I love a craft and I knew I had more in me then that.

I mean, how can I be the Republican Martha Stewart of the Midwest with projects like that?

As soon as I got home, the practicing began.

Here is round two:

Still not great but a vast improvement.

Today after work I tried again:

And success!

I can now say that small sections of my body will be warm this winter!!

All in all, knitting is pretty fun. There is a lot you can do with it and a lot of neat things you can make.

Even if I never use any of my so called scarfs, I am glad that I learned the technique!

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You know this means there are bright yellow scarfs in your future!!

    ReplyDelete